Wednesday 3 July 2013

Bump Update: Week 38

GETTHISBABYOUTOFME pretty much sums up how i'm feeling about now!  
  • Bump size: Well the bump size is apparently bang on the measurement it should be at this stage, although it does feel massive! Thankfully, people continue to tell me that from behind I don't look pregnant but the weight of baby is taking its toll.I find it particularly uncomfortable being in bed or trying to get up from the sofa.  Turning over in bed has gone from uncomfortable to downright painful on both the bump, my hips and my pelvis. 
  • Leg cramps: Strangely the leg cramps APPEAR to have decreased in regularity although remain present, however they have not been every night.  Having said that, i'm so uncomfortable that this could be taking the brain space over leg cramp head space?!
  • Heartburn/acid reflex: This last week has seen a dramatic increase in the sick-in-my-mouth situations so a few times i've just taken my Boots replica Gaviscon to prevent it happening.  Unfortunately I've still had a few times where it's worn off in the middle of the night
  • Toileting: I have noticed a big increase in my weeing habits this last week.  It first became apparent when I walked to town (a 30 minute waddle) and I had to stop four times! Since then, I seem to need to go every few minutes! Still no constipation.
  • Movements: She continues to be a fidget quite a lot of the day! The last few days she has been particularly active at night time! She also decides to move her whole body from side to side, one day lying head down facing to the left but on the right side and then before I know it she has switched over to the left! Should make labour fun !! 
  • Boobs: They don't seem to have grown much but continue to leak. ALL. THE. TIME.  It'll be a miracle if there's anything left by the time baby comes!
  • Mood: My mood has become noticeably irritable and frustrated this last week, whereas before I was managing fairly well to control my stress over money/Callum's possible unemployment/my discomfort/anxiety over the birth  etc etc, now, I seem unable to stop these things getting to me.  I also don't think i'm coping with maternity leave particularly well! I have managed to have plans every day so far and still managed to nap sometimes or lay in, but I think having so much time on my hands on my own has led to me getting frustrated re her arrival quickly.  

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're having a rough time. I agree with the constant weeing and find I always need to go in the middle of the night and struggle to get out of bed and hoist all my weight around and I can only sleep on one side and its not the side I like to sleep on. But I just try to stay positive about the fact I'll have a little baby very soon - a baby we really wanted for years. Plus some people can't have kids and so I try to look at this all as a positive - but I have had a really easy last trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right Mel! I always try to remember that, especially when others cant have children.I also try to remember that in the grand scheme of things, the symptoms could be worse and the end result will be a miracle! Good luck to you! Not long to go! xx

    ReplyDelete