Wednesday 24 April 2013

What to do when you have no money

I can''t remember if I have mentioned it before, but due to my ill-timed change of job/getting pregnant time frames I won't be entitled to SMP or anything from my employers whilst i'm off work.  This is part of the reason why, when people ask, I insist i'll be going back to work after six months.   I won't lie, I get paid a fairly decent wage, so to have to go from that, down to Maternity allowance, it is going to be amazingly tough.  We've worked out, alongside that, if we manage to get Child Tax Credits and it's possible we might be entitled to one more, I will be able to afford my rent, gas/electricity/water and our shopping. That's all.  No few pounds here and then for a coffee once a month or filling the car with petrol to go visit my family in West Sussex. Nothing.  I've actually come to terms with that, because I realise that I'll be so pre-occupied with a child plus cat, that I won't have the energy to do all those things anyway.  However, I also realise that I will need to get out of the house at some point within those six months otherwise I might just go round the twist.  So I've compiled a "TO DO when you have literally no income" list:

  • Go to the park
  • Go to the beach
  • Go for walks
  • Geocache
  • Invite friends round for tea and cake
  • Invite people over for dinner
  • Tackle my ever growing list of craft projects to complete
  • Read
So what about any of you Mum's out there in the same or similar positions, have you got any ideas to add to the list?


No comments:

Post a Comment